1. Exposing students to agriculture in our own upper valley, including pecan orchards, cotton fields, corn fields, and pumpkin fields. Students are given an oral presentation on all aspects of cotton growing and the uses of the finished product.
2. The pumpkin patch offers students hands-on experience with cultivation, and the life cycle of a pumpkin, from seed to fruit.
3. The Maze illustrates plant life concepts, and the designing of the Mazedemonstrates mapping & mathematic techniques. Navigating the Maze promotes critical and strategic thinking.
4. The animal corral exposes the students to farm animals, their distinct characteristics, and feeding habits.
5. Pre-Kinder and Kinder gardeners will walk through our new flower maze which incorporates the Fairy Tale Boards: Jack & The Corn Stalk.
6. This year's Maze theme about Bees, exposes students to the very important role of bees in agriculture.
Lessons are tailored to students in 1st grade and up.
Navigating a 14-acre cornfield maze is not an easy task, it challenges the student to figure out how to find the way out. By using their imagination, the students relay on intuition, sense of direction, cognitive strategies (marking an already traveled path), or by creating a mental representation of where the person has been, guided by visual points of reference. Any of these methods are excellent mind exercises for students of all ages. The great sense accomplishment that comes with successfully completing the Maze is an added bonus and a boost to the child's self esteem. Physically, the student also benefits a great deal by walking, running, and keeping up with the other kids through acres of pathways.
Thank you for your patronage. We appreciate you choosing us for your field trip!!